How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 45145
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I have erection problem Assistant: Have you seen a doctor

This answer was rated:

Hi I have erection problem
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I didn't see doctor yet.Dont taking any medication
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well I've got little bit of high blood pressure
Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Good

What is your age?

Are you taking blood pressure medicine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
40.No I don't take any medication

Thanks for the additional information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5-6 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

For a healthy individual like you, this should be not worrying. The most important thing is that a single erection problem plays in the mind. This can give in the back of mind performance anxiety and you start watching yourself more closely. This close scrutiny of yourself can lose the concentration from the sex and you get a bit softer. Please remember sex is not in the organ but in mind. Once you start enjoying it you will regain the same strength. Nothing happens suddenly in sex, it is like sports, sometimes you excel and sometimes you are mediocre. If your wife/partners are part of all this understanding you would be back to your best. Don't put yourself under the scrutiny and just start enjoying it. Things should come back to normal.

You may need psychosexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitudes, and improve communication between both of you. Involving the partners in the counseling process and psychosexual therapy helps dispel misperceptions about the problem, decreases stress, enhances intimacy and ability to talk about sex, and increases the chances of a successful outcome.

Still, if you feel that problem can be organic; you may consider consulting a urologist who would advise you the following investigations;

1) All hormones; thyroid, prolactin, testosterone, adrenal functions.

2) Autonomic nervous system testing;

Penile thermal sensory testing

3) Somatic nervous system testing;

Penile glans biothesiometry

Bulbocavernosus reflex latency test

4) Penile magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)

5) Penile angiography

6) Duplex ultrasonography

7) Combined intracavernous injection and stimulation

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated for my time with you.

You are not charged extra for providing a positive rating.

Just Answer is based on the honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you