How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tharun Your Own Question
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 3787
Experience:  MBBS, DNB surgery and presently working as Urology resident towards the degree of Urologist.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Tharun is online now

I think I may have Peyronie s disease I have a small lump

Customer Question

I think I may have Peyronie s disease I have a small lump under skin at bass off shaft and it is kinking wen erect can you help
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I have all he can say is to se a specialist
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on anti depression tablets and I read that can corse it but he as never herd that
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am 44 years old
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 11 days ago.


Welcome to JA. I am Dr.Tharun and I will try to answer your question today.

I would like to know some information before I reply to your query.

What is your age?

Do you smoke?

Are you diabetic?

Does it hurt when you have erections?

How bad is the bend - can you perform intercourse as before?

Please let me know.


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
44 years old non smoker not diabetic it doesn’t hurt
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 10 days ago.

Is the kinking a recent development or has it been like this for long?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Very recently
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 10 days ago.

Hard lump under the skin and bending of the penis usually is self-explanatory and indicates a most probable diagnosis of Peyronie's disease.

But it still needs to be confirmed by a doctor preferably a urologist.

It is a rare disease that has a lot of experimental treatments because no treatment is foolproof.

As a rule, if there is no pain and it is not hindering your sexual performance, no treatment is required.

Usually, oral medications are very less effective in Peyronie's disease. Most of the treatments are locally directed like injections into the penis and shockwaves etc. The last resort is surgery to remove the plaque.

You should see your doctor who can discuss these options and get the best available treatment for you.

If you have any doubts, please let me know.


Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 10 days ago.

you are welcome