Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Just checking if anxiety or panic attack can cause myself

Hi DR ,Just checking if anxiety or panic attack can cause myself NOT getting erection and shrinkage of penis when flaccid. Is it normal ?
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 14 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi DR
Hello... I understand your concern.

unfortunately if you are under stress or anxiety or panic attack you may not get a successful erection please.

But shrinkage of the penis while being flaccid could be a psychological phenomenon which you might have been unknowingly attributing to to decreased erections.

I am typing some questions.

1. May I know your age please?
2. How long have you had this symptom?
3. What are the medications you are currently on?
4. Are you a diabetic or hypertensive?
5. I am sorry to ask - but - are you a smoker or alcoholic?
6. Are you obese please?
7.Is there a problem with getting an erection or sustaining an erection please?

Be rest - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I hope you could help me

1) I'm 26
2) Just happen yesterday when i had psoriasis on my glan and I'm so concern to that extend I was having anxiety and panic attack.
3. I'm currently on topical cream which just prescribe yesterday as well.
4. I'm not diabetic
5. Yes im a smoker
6. Nope i got not obese
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I think it's more of a psychology issue right . I wanted to erect but my mind was having fear.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Unable to sleep since yesterday due to this
Thank you what you are experiencing is purely out of your panic and anxiety due to psoriasis and nothing else.

Psoriasis is in no way related to erections or fertility.

Please be rest assured that you do not have any physiological basis for loss of erections or decreased erections.

If you are having such a bad anxiety I suggest you consult your primary care physician and try some anxiolytics which will have the dual advantage of returning the erections back very well and also deal with your current state of anxiety please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Protosedyl wont case any damage to the erection right if just apply 1-2 Per day?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here
100% no... It does not have any side effects on the erection.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks DR . So it's more on the anxiety and fear right ?

Its not more - it is 100% due to anxiety.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks DR. Appreciate ur and.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Answer *
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks alot

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi DR , are you able to identify genital psoriasis by image ?

This seems to be a different health query as compared to original one.

As per site regulations you need to start a new thread please!

I am also site user like you, only that I am a health care professional.

Thank you for understanding!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Alright DR . I will start another thread with u

Sure. I will respond there.