GuptaMD
GuptaMD, Dr
Experience:  MD. Experienced in Pediatric Urology and Nephrology
239748

I had blood in my urine that you can see and my urine went

Customer Question

I had blood in my urine that you can see and my urine went to a lab to be tested which showed no infection and they found abnormalalities in my urine sample and referred me straight to urology and now I have a emergency ct scan with contrast and then a camera. Wat does abnormalalities mean. And can they see cancer in your urine sample. Please tell me I am worried
Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: What does that mean
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Urology
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for contacting the medical experts,

What is your age and sex and how long have you been having these problems?

Warm regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am a woman and I am 30 years old. And I have had blood in my urine a few times which is getting worse over the last month.I have also lost 1 stone 8 pounds in weight within 4 weeks of not trying to and i have been left with a catherter as i cant urinate on my own. Please tell me wat the likely ness is that I got cancer. And wat does abnormalalities mean and can they see cancer in the lab when your urine sample goes there. Please reply I am really scared and just want to know
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would rather do it through here thank you
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for getting back.

To answer your questions

1. It is unlikely that you have cancer given your age.

2. Yes, cancer cells may be seen in the urine, but sometimes a biopsy of the tumor (if any) may be needed

3. There are many other reasons for blood in urine including infections stones inflammation auto-immune conditions that need to be ruled out ...

I understand that you are scared and I believe that further tests will help decide the diagnosis and best course of treatment.

Cancer is less likely at the present point of time ...

Please discuss with your doctor for more details ...

Hope this helps :)

Please remember to leave a positive rating if you found the answer helpful as this is the only way we are compensated for the time and effort spent answering your question,
You can always get back for any clarifications even after rating me,
Warm regards