How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 50405
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I’ve experienced a dull feeling in my testicles for several

This answer was rated:

Hi I’ve experienced a dull feeling in my testicles for several years now. My left testicle is somewhat larger than my right and on the odd occasion, the ‘tubes’ In my scrotum becomes inflamed - no pain though. Would this be a case of varicocele?
Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since childhood really, so plus 10 years. Wouldn’t so much call it a pain as an uncomfortable feeling. And it tends to come and go on it’s own
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Have you ever had any tests or studies to evaluate this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dr Chip. No I have not

What exactly is it you feel there when you examine your scrotum?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is a lump on both testicles which I assume to be the epididymis

What did you mean by that becoming inflamed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The tube become far more noticeable and larger. It actually visibly changes the shape of my scrotum when becoming inflamed


Then this definitely sounds like a varicocele--possibly on both sides

Nothing too serious but you should have a doctor examine you and get a scrotal ultrasound to determine that

Usually these don't need any treatment but if they become bothersome it's a very simply surgical procedure to remove them

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks Dr.! Will do

My pleasure

I'm here if you ever need me again