Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

I am 33 years old diagnosed with rare bladder disease ic or

i am 33 years old diagnosed with rare bladder disease
ic or BPS Interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndromeam 33 years old i have been told that this diseasse it chronic. the pain started differently butt now after 7 month its getting to my leg also and upper part of leg sometime back . and has no cure and its rare also, as i read about it that they start treating the symptoms .i would like to know if you have a specialist doctor that saw such patients and treated them.
and if you will welcome me .. nut am very clear that i need a doctor specialist in this .thanks alot and waiting for your kind reply,yous ,
sana alhashimi from UAE where are you located did u even see ic disease patient as its rare
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: chronic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: the past 1 year i always had sweeling and + bacteria .. bleeding .. till i did camera test then they said that the bladder is very bad from inside>>

Interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome is not so rare. And all urologists are quire experienced to manage it.

Following is the comprehensive treatment protocol for interstitial cystitis;

1) Medications; Gabapentin, hydroxyzine, montelukast

2) Physical therapy; Pelvic floor physical therapy (PT) may be recommended to decrease tightness in these muscles. PT can decrease bladder or pelvic pain as well as urinary urgency and frequency. The physical therapist works on the patient's body to manually "release" the tightness, tender points, trigger points, and restricted movement of the connective tissues and muscles.

It will help in your leg symptoms also.

3) Exercises; Many patients feel that gentle stretching exercises help relieve symptoms.

4) Electrical stimulation; sacral nerve stimulation.

5) Behavioral therapies; Behavioral therapies for urinary frequency work to slowly increase the time interval between voids, which increases the amount of urine the bladder can comfortably hold; this is called timed voiding.

6) Diet; alcohol, tomatoes, spices, chocolate, caffeinated and citrus beverages, and high-acid foods may contribute to bladder irritation and inflammation. Artificial sweeteners may aggravate the symptoms.

Urinary analgesics and antiseptics such as phenazopyridine hydrochloride, Uromax, and Urised can be helpful for the management of short-term symptom flares.

Several intravesical agents (bladder instillation) are available.

1) Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is the principle intravesical agent approved.

2) Multidrug cocktails, including DMSO (50 cc), sodium bicarbonate (48 meq), heparin (20,000 units), and triamcinolone acetonide (1 amp) are commonly used.

3) An anesthetic cocktail consisting of bupivacaine (30 cc), heparin (20,000 units), sodium bicarbonate (48 meq), and triamcinolone acetonide (1 amp) can be self-administered on a daily basis.

4) Intravesical oxybutynin (5–10 mg crushed and suspended in 10 cc of water) has also been used to control bladder spasms.

5) Other intravesical agents are; hyaluronidase and bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG).

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
did you ever see a patient with my disease and cured him?
as i know its rare and not clear for treatment and they treat the symptoms not the disease it self as it is chronic

I have seen many patients. I agree, the cure is rare but many do get better, the severity of the symptoms is far less and flare-ups are infrequent in my treated cases.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
how long oes the treatment takes? and now the pain in is 1 leg i can predicate my bladder heaveness and pain by leg pain which wakes me from sleep
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i asked my country to send me abroad as my doctor said its rare and didnt see this much bad bloody bladder i hope if i can send you some pictures from my bladder

Hello Sana,

In chronic cases, it is not a one-time treatment.

Treatment needs to be done regularly.

You may get an MRI of the spine to see if the pinched nerves in the back are not causing the leg symptoms.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
you ,eam doctor the IC could make any damages in spine?

IC does not cause a problem in the spine.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
you ,eam doctor that this could affect the spine as i started having uper leg pain samer as in labour giving birth but now it is in on ges and on side from back ..
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
?

Were you not able to see the answer above? Please refresh the page.

Leg pain can be due to;

1) IC

2) Spine issue.

3) Both.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
and if it is from ic it will show in MRI
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i just saw>>
sorry

If the MRI is normal, it would mean it is due to IC.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
do you think any doctor is able to do that or he should be specialist in this disease as herre in my county they told me they will be following the the medical text books ... for treatment

You need to consult a urologist in your country. It is not so uncommon as had been mentioned by your doctors.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thanks alot doctor , i would like to know if i came to you where will you be which city and hospital and how long will the treatment be please let me know asap

You are very welcome.

We cannot reveal our personal details according to the site rules.

But this can be easily treated in any European country, USA, Australia, Japan, India, Canada, etc.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
you even deserve 10 starts doctor thanks alot

Thanks a lot.