Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

I had a cystoscopy just under 1 month ago (I'm 59) as I had

I had a cystoscopy just under 1 month ago (I'm 59) as I had blood in my urine (only tiny amounts) and the results were all fine. I have had a fair bit of burning when passing urine since but no blood at all until last night. There were a couple of drips of blood (red not mixed with urine), on the pan and also some appeared as I gently wiped myself with a tissue. Hasn't happened today as yet but is it normal to get no bleeding for 3 weeks and then get some appearing? Many thanks and regards.
Malcolm Desira

Hello Malcolm,

Welcome to Just Answer.
The answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This is slightly abnormal and you would need the following investigations for the further assessment;

1) MR urogram

2) Urine cytology.

3) Renal/kidney nuclear scan.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks very much. I'll hang on and see if it happens again and if it does then I'll see my GP. Many thanks for the speedy reply.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.