Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

Over the last 2 years, my eGFR has decreased from >90 to 82.

Hi,Over the last 2 years, my eGFR has decreased from >90 to 82. My creatinine has moved from 82 to 98.I have had foaming urine for the last year however to date no protein has been detected.All of this followed an unprotected exposure with a female CSW from the Mediterranean area. I have had physical symptoms for 2 years (from 7 weeks after exposure) most notably in my Liver area.However, I have tested negative for all main STD’s and blood borne viruses multiple multiple times.Something is wrong but to date it remains unidentified.Please offer some advice

What are your symptoms?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Current symptoms:
RUQ discomfort (2 years)
Foamy urine (1 year)
Coated / enlarged tongue (2 years)
Veins in wrist area protruding
Myalgia

Previous symptoms:

Burning in right rib area
Cunjunctivitis
H pylori
Duodenitis
Wart on tongue
Sore left arm for 2 months
Urine looked orange (2 months but was ok when hydrated. No bilirubin detected)
Citrobacter koseri found in urine
Full trunk tingling
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have tested negative for -

HBV:
HbsAg, HbcAb Igm/Igg, HbeAg, HbeAb and HBV DNA

HCV:
HCVAb, HCV RNA

HAV, HDV, HEV

HIV
HIV I/II and Antigen P24 (4th generation testing)

Syphillis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trich, etc.

My symptoms though have always felt Liver area related.

I have had MRI 2 years post exposure with liver / kidney area all ok

Your GFR and creatinine values are nor worrisome at all.

Any investigation needs to be seen in the overall context. Thus the interpretation of an investigation will be done in the light of symptoms, signs, physical exam findings, other investigative results, and medical imaging.

All investigative results should be correlated and corroborated with the clinical findings and other investigations.

Your symptoms are not related to any STD.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Anxiety.

2) Allergic issue; allergy tests are advised.

3) Autoimmune issue. A blood panel is needed.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have an infection but it’s remained a mystery for 2 years.

My current levels of creatinine and eGFR are still ok but it’s the trend over time that concerns me.

My foamy urine shows no protein at present. It’s not fast urination speed causing it. I know it’s another symptom of my mysterious infection. Can you advise why else my urine would suddenly start foaming for the last year?

If my urine had foamed unusually for one year and over the same period of time, my eGFR has gone down and my Creatinine has gone up, to me it shows I may have a chronic underlying cause.

I need help to identify that cause before it gets to concerning levels

Foaming of urine is an insignificant sign. So doctors would not give any importance to it unless there was a protein in the urine. eGFR if it goes further down, will need an autoimmune panel and biopsy of the kidney.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any risk it might be an STD such as HBV? Could the tests have missed it?

It is highly unlikely.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
A few other things along with my symptoms above; My Amylase has been around 100-105 throughout the last two years; I have had 2 x positive tests for Rheumatoid Factor (15 + 14); my Ferritin has declined from +100 to 67; my vitamin D has declined to below normal range; an unusual bacteria, Citrobacter Koseri, was found in my urine.

I am scared. All my doctors over here have said I don’t have anything and that it’s anxiety that’s caused all of this.

But I am worried they are wrong