Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

Recently I was treated for UTI with two courses of

Recently I was treated for UTI with two courses of antibiotics. Since then I have undergone a cystoscopy which showed some redness of the left wall of the bladder. I have been advised to have a bladder biopsy under general anaesthetic. Can you give me any idea of what might be found and how serious it might be?

Medical science is based on suspicion. A redness needs to be ruled out for cancer in your age group, thus biopsy is advised. The chance of this turning out cancer is less than 5%. And if it turns out cancer, this would be completely treatable.

So nothing to worry about.

Was this information helpful to you?

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. It puts my mind to rest. As a matter of interest, How could cancer be treated?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do not feel I can afford phone call. Sorry.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control, as mentioned.

You are very welcome.

Transurethral bladder resection of bladder tumor (TURBT) and Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) immunotherapy or other intravesical (bladder instillation) chemotherapies may be used.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you once again for your replies. Naturally I will give a 5 star rating. Goodbye.

You are very welcome.

"I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating."

Please do not bite the feeding hands.

May I please know, how can I further help you, what are your unanswered questions and where did my answer lack (so I can improve on it)? I would be more than glad to help you further.

Have I done something wrong? Was the information wrong?

Please do not rate negatively if you want the refund as the ratings stay on the site records and affect the standing of the expert.

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My apologies. I meant to give 5 star rating. Will try to amend this.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Sending good, healthy vibes your way.