How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, M.D.
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 6868
Experience:  30 years of primary care medicine including urology evaluation
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now

I’ve had itching in my anal reigion and was anxious to think

This answer was rated:

Hi, I’ve had itching in my anal reigion and was anxious to think it may be an STI.
Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven’t
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Hi. How long have you had this? Male or female?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A few days. I am Male.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am able to send a photograph if that would help?
Sure send a picture. Have you had anal sex?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have. I have a long term partner and we’re both committed and haven’t had sex with anybody else in over 6 months.
I don’t see anything that looks like an sti. The area looks irritated. I would try an otc hemorrhoid cream.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
You’re welcome. Try the cream and see how things go. If no better in a week or two then see your gp.
I’d appreciate you rating my answers with the stars on your screen so I receive feedback and credit. Thanks
Dr. Mark and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you