Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth,
101124971

Assistant: How can I help? I have an issue with the erection

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have an issue with the erection on my penis
Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: three weeks ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 3 weeks ago I was having sex with my wife and I heard a popping sounds as something got broke. Since then I can’t have a full erection and when I try it hurts
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I feel a pain in the base of my Penis, it’s inside really, like the part of the penis above the scrotum. I don’t have any visual symptoms.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No pain when Urinating, no blood or anything in my urine
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
I understand your concern and I am sorry for your symptoms.

From what you describe I feel that there could be a possible - Suspensory ligament if penis stretching or strain.

I suggest you discuss this possibility with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
Kind regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How urgent is this? Could there be any permanent damage? Or it can wait a little bit (I’m worried about the slow care system)
It can wait.
It usually takes 6 weeks to get back to normalcy.
Even if an emergency based urology consultation is obtained, even there, you may be told the same thing please.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What if the ligament is cut?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is that a possibility? Does it need surgery?
A cut ligament is painful and the penis would be hanging limp without any the movement please.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
which would be the best way to evaluate this? and see how serious it is? an MRI scan?
The first best approach will be a clinical examination and if the urologist feels so; then the best imaging of choice would definitely be MRI.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Kind regards - Dr Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi, they took an ultrasound exam, and everything was fine apparently. They said it could be a strain of the ligament or something else, but nothing serious, as nothing could be seen on the ultrasound. They said an MRI would not help, as it would show the same as ultrasound. What do you think?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
They couldn’t tell me how long it would take to heal, could be 1-3 months
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
What would be the best way to take care? How kind should I wait to try to have an erection, or have sex?
They are right in telling you that if an ultrasound sound is completely normal; it is very unlikely that a MRI I will pick up any other finding.

I think you need to refrain and abstain for atleast 6 to 8 weeks.

If you see a strong erection during sleep, spontaneously, it's healed.