How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sumanth Your Own Question
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 10061
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr.Sumanth is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I have an issue with the erection

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have an issue with the erection on my penis
Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: three weeks ago
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: 3 weeks ago I was having sex with my wife and I heard a popping sounds as something got broke. Since then I can’t have a full erection and when I try it hurts
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel a pain in the base of my Penis, it’s inside really, like the part of the penis above the scrotum. I don’t have any visual symptoms.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No pain when Urinating, no blood or anything in my urine
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 15 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
If you see a premium phone call request I suggest you ignore it - as the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I would be glad to continue here please.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
I understand your concern and I am sorry for your symptoms.From what you describe I feel that there could be a possible - Suspensory ligament if penis stretching or strain.I suggest you discuss this possibility with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".
If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How urgent is this? Could there be any permanent damage? Or it can wait a little bit (I’m worried about the slow care system)
It can wait.
It usually takes 6 weeks to get back to normalcy.
Even if an emergency based urology consultation is obtained, even there, you may be told the same thing please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What if the ligament is cut?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that a possibility? Does it need surgery?
A cut ligament is painful and the penis would be hanging limp without any the movement please.
Dr.Sumanth and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
which would be the best way to evaluate this? and see how serious it is? an MRI scan?
The first best approach will be a clinical examination and if the urologist feels so; then the best imaging of choice would definitely be MRI.I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease. In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, they took an ultrasound exam, and everything was fine apparently. They said it could be a strain of the ligament or something else, but nothing serious, as nothing could be seen on the ultrasound. They said an MRI would not help, as it would show the same as ultrasound. What do you think?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They couldn’t tell me how long it would take to heal, could be 1-3 months
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What would be the best way to take care? How kind should I wait to try to have an erection, or have sex?
They are right in telling you that if an ultrasound sound is completely normal; it is very unlikely that a MRI I will pick up any other finding.I think you need to refrain and abstain for atleast 6 to 8 weeks.If you see a strong erection during sleep, spontaneously, it's healed.