How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 50158
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I have Peyronie's disease and two plaques at the bottom of

This answer was rated:

I have Peyronie's disease and two plaques at the bottom of my penis. I want to get it treated though no treatment has been advised by the NHS. The urologist has examined three time after every six month and they think the best option would be the surgery provided sexual activity is not performed. I need to know any treatment in the UK or worldwide without a surgery to get rid of these lumps.

Following are the various treatment modalities proposed for the Peyronie's disease;

Nonsurgical therapy for Peyronie's disease

Oral therapy

1) Vitamin E

2) Colchicine

3) Potassium aminobenzoate

4) Tamoxifen citrate

5) Carnitine

6) L-arginine

7) Pentoxifylline

Intralesional therapies

1) Steroids

2) Collagenase

3) Verapamil

4) Interferons

External energy therapies; are considered as the latest techniques for the management.

1) Penile electroshock wave therapy

2) Iontophoresis

3) Combination therapy

a) Vitamin E and colchicine

b) Electroshock wave therapy with intralesional verapamil injection

c) Intralesional verapamil with oral carnitine or tamoxifen

d) Penile traction devices

Surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease; these are new techniques.

1) Tunica albuginea plication

2) Peyronie's plaque incision/partial excision and human pericardial tissue grafting

3) Straightening with penile prosthesis

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can’t thank you enough for this very detailed and insightful response. I will definitely rate you a 5 star and outstanding.
Do you know any best place in the UK to get this problem treated?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dear Dr Arun, As you aware that I am based in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Would you be able to advise the best place to get this disease cured. It is very depressive situation and it has been causing me a lot of stress. Your advice would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

A urologist working in a hospital attached to a medical college would be the best. You may seek referral through your GP. And avoid anxiety which is foremost to overcome these issues.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your advice.

Very welcome.