Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

I have Peyronie's disease and two plaques at the bottom of

I have Peyronie's disease and two plaques at the bottom of my penis. I want to get it treated though no treatment has been advised by the NHS. The urologist has examined three time after every six month and they think the best option would be the surgery provided sexual activity is not performed. I need to know any treatment in the UK or worldwide without a surgery to get rid of these lumps.

Following are the various treatment modalities proposed for the Peyronie's disease;

Nonsurgical therapy for Peyronie's disease

Oral therapy

1) Vitamin E

2) Colchicine

3) Potassium aminobenzoate

4) Tamoxifen citrate

5) Carnitine

6) L-arginine

7) Pentoxifylline

Intralesional therapies

1) Steroids

2) Collagenase

3) Verapamil

4) Interferons

External energy therapies; are considered as the latest techniques for the management.

1) Penile electroshock wave therapy

2) Iontophoresis

3) Combination therapy

a) Vitamin E and colchicine

b) Electroshock wave therapy with intralesional verapamil injection

c) Intralesional verapamil with oral carnitine or tamoxifen

d) Penile traction devices

Surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease; these are new techniques.

1) Tunica albuginea plication

2) Peyronie's plaque incision/partial excision and human pericardial tissue grafting

3) Straightening with penile prosthesis

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can’t thank you enough for this very detailed and insightful response. I will definitely rate you a 5 star and outstanding.
Do you know any best place in the UK to get this problem treated?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Dear Dr Arun, As you aware that I am based in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Would you be able to advise the best place to get this disease cured. It is very depressive situation and it has been causing me a lot of stress. Your advice would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

A urologist working in a hospital attached to a medical college would be the best. You may seek referral through your GP. And avoid anxiety which is foremost to overcome these issues.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your advice.

Very welcome.