DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

A 3 months ago after I urinated there was excess urine and

Customer Question

Hi there, a 3 months ago after I urinated there was excess urine and the tip of my penis got stuck to some loose threading in my boxers. This happened a few times and each time I pulled it off there was a little pain. The opening of my penis has now become exposed and there are a few little cuts at the tip where urine exits. There is a burning pain every time I urinate and this pain has been constant for 2-3 weeks now. The skin around the opening is not healing, I went doctors and they said with time it will heal but I am not seeing an improvement.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute I would say
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No other than that I am healthy
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 5 days ago.

You have not mentioned if you are circumcised or not. The injury would be to foreskin if there, and to glans opening otherwise. Both cases you can apply neomycin cream over the area 3-4 times daily and see. Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am circumcised. The cut happened because the skin got stuck to the threading. I believe it’s the external urethral opening where the cut is. There is also a little tear on the inner part but it is not deep. Shall I still apply the neomycin cream and could I attach a picture to help you understand better?
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 days ago.

Yes the cream may be applied on inner part also. No pic needed, may also use half-torn condom to protect the urethra.