DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have a patch on my penis that has been slowly growing

Customer Question

I have a white patch on my penis that has been slowly growing since October last year. There is now a secondary patch forming underneath. There is no pain. No scaley-ness. It is not raised. The patches are strictly confined to the glans area. It looks like an area of skin bleaching.
JA: The Dermatologist can help. To begin, what are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I have a white patch on my penis that has been slowly growing since October last year. There is now a secondary patch forming underneath. There is no pain. No scaley-ness. It is not raised. The patches are strictly confined to the glans area. It looks like an area of skin bleaching. I am currently using Lotriderm at the direction of my GP twice daily for 6 weeks on the basis that it could, in his view, be pityriasis. However I don't believe it follows the characteristics to be this other than the depigmentation.
JA: The doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a dermatologist about this?
Customer: No, the GP will refer me for a biopsy in 6 weeks if treatment does not work
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see progression from october 19 to november 19 to june 20
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

The area is more or less same. This depigmentation could be due to capillary block, blanching the area. Small thrombus may be there so get ultrasound colour doppler study done. Good luck.