sofia khan
sofia khan, Doctor
Experience:  Consultant Family physician with special interest in dermatology at Rehman Medical Institute
101501929

Me and my boyfriend have recently started getting genitile

Customer Question

Hi me and my boyfriend have recently started getting genitile herpes outbreaks .. we never had any untill a few months ago and now we are having 2 outbreaks a month .. what is your advice on this
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Zovirax 5 times a day for 5 days when there is an outbreak
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Urology
Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting Justanswer.

My name is***** khan. I am board certified family physician with specialist training in dermatology. I shall try and help you today with your query.

Let me have a quick read through and I’ll get back to you shortly.

Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

what kind of infection are you getting? are these mostly sores or are these warts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are sores/blisters
Expert:  sofia khan replied 1 year ago.

right!

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. it must be painful.

unfortunately, some people do suffer from recurrent outbreaks of herpes. it depends to a great extent on your immune system. on average, people who have frequent outbreaks can have 4-5 outbreaks a year but then it gradually calms down and the frequency gets low. also, there is no vaccine or other medications to cause a washout of this virus from your skin.

you can just keep the sores or blisters covered when they are in active stage to prevent spread of infection.

it would be a good idea to have blood test done including hepatitis and HIv on the screen for completion.

keep your life style healthy to reduce frequency of outbreaks.