GuptaMD
GuptaMD, Dr
Experience:  MD. Experienced in Pediatric Urology and Nephrology
239748

I have had an on going urine problem for around 8 months,

Customer Question

i have had an on going urine problem for around 8 months
JA: The Urologist can help. To begin, any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: sometimes pain, urine colour normal
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: on and off for 8 months. cant establish a cause and effect
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Urologist should know?
Customer: no
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel the urge to urinate frequently and sometime get an itchy sensation at the end of my uretha. it sometimes stings when i wee but not always. i also sometime get a build up of lint around the end of my uretha suggesting that some liquid is coming out. however i believe its not discharge its urine. but its not enough for it to make damp patches in my boxers. could it potentially be a very small leak? i am only 22
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 1 year ago.

From your description this appears to be possibly an irritable (overactive) bladder. the lint build up is related to undergarments usually, and does not indicate a leak.

A little bit of fluid can come out from the reproductive tract at your age, and this is usually normal.

Get a urine examination, take plenty of fluids,

These healthy lifestyle choices may reduce your risk of overactive bladder:

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. A TIP would be even better! If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, the lint previously was never a problem despite wearing the same boxers. it does feel like there is more moisture at the top of the uretha. i used to consume large amounts of caffeine daily but have stopped since this has started. could it have damaged me internally? thanks
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 1 year ago.

Caffeine does not cause permanent damage, any changes are temporary only,

The discharge is NOT unusual at your age, and probably does not merit any evaluation / treatment at present.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Gupta, MD

Expert:  GuptaMD replied 1 year ago.

I hope that the answer I have given has been helpful. Please remember to take out a few seconds to give a POSITIVE rating as this is how we are compensated for answering your questions :)
Stay Safe ....
Dr. Gupta MD