Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff,
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Since past few days I have been feeling very nauseous. I

Hi Doctor! Since past few days I have been feeling very nauseous. I have also noticed I feel like warm in my throat too sometimes. Not sure why? A month ago doctor prescribed me lansoprazole as I was fasting in Ramadan which gave me gastritis which I only had for a few days. Past two days I thoughtmaybe that’s what’s causing a problem so I had 15mg lansoprazole but that just gave me stomach pain and feel nauseous. I haven’t had any Lansoprazole today but still few very nauseous.Also after I have food I feel as if my food isn’t digesting properly like it’s up to my throat.

Good evening, I am sorry you are not feeling great. It sounds reflux related and could be due to the medication not helping, but possibly could be the presentation of a H.pylori infection

Have you tried Omeprazole before? I would also contact your doctor to arrange a stool test to check for H.pylori, which is a bacteria that can aggravate these symptoms. If it was positive then you would go on a few different antibiotics at the same time to treat it

Have you also had an ultrasound recently as part of your work up for reflux?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never had omeprazole before. Currently I have been taking lansoprazole 30-55 mins before I have my food. Could this be giving me stomach upset? Should I try having it after food maybe?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven’t had any recent ultrasound

This is the common side effect profile for Lansoprazole: Abdominal pain; constipation; diarrhoea; dizziness; dry mouth; gastrointestinal disorders; headache; insomnia; nausea; skin reactions; vomiting

That is not to say it doesn't work well, the main one being diarrhoea. However when people have issues with one PPI then often the other works better, so in this case Omeprazole

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I give it ago with lansoprazole after food for 1-2 days and see how I feel?

You can do and see how you get on, then if no better as your GP to switch to omeprazole for you to try for the weekend

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure thank you for the advice

No worries, I hope it helps. Please could you kindly rate my response again , thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Should I take 30mg or 15mg lansoprazole?

The minimum dose that works, if no better with 15mg after a couple of days, increase the dose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks I have taken 15mg 30 mins after my evening meal. How long do you think I should continue? Few days or until I feel better. Cos I have mild pain towards left of my abdomen under my left ribs. It’s not constant. I would rate it 2 on a scale of 10.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Am I ok to take this test whilst I have taken lansoprazole:-https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/heli-c-check-helicobacter-pylori-test-82453.html