How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Brown Your Own Question
Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 4079
Experience:  GP in Sussex
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Tim Brown is online now

I have problem with my testicle, I have asked but no help,

This answer was rated:

Hi I have problem with my testicle
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have asked but no help
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No not really

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, I am a GP Urologist. Thank you for contacting us this evening, sorry if you have been waiting

How can I help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I’m 32 years old and I have cyst on my testicle, it’s on my skin and I burst them 3 years ago thinking they will go away but it looks much worst and keep getting infected.. I had an operation 11 years ago taking one away and after the operation there’s was more come, please help me I’m embarrassed �� I don’t even let my partner see it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you urologist?

I am a GP Urologist.

Are you able to provide a photo? you can email me at***@******.*** if you would prefer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve sent you the email

Thanks, ***** ***** have a look

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

okay, so these do look chronic, there is a slight thickening, but these look dermal, within the skin. I assume they are within the skin and not stuck on the testicle underneath? If any question then you need an ultrasound to clarify this.

Assuming they are not, they can always return, but the recurrence makes removing them difficult. I would approach this as if it was a recurrent folliculitis or abscess formation, something called hydradenitis, and therefore would discuss with your GP something such as Lymecycline for a few months to try and reduce them and see how to best manage them then. It may be that you reduce them and you are satisfied with this. It may be that you require something like Lymecycline every few months to keep them under control (this is an antibiotic that can be used long term).

If they continue to bother you despite this, I would ask to see a dermatologist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will talk to my gp thank you.. can it be removed by operation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve had operation to remove one of them 11 years ago

It can be, yes, but the smaller they are first, the better. And the easier it would be to remove

I wish you well and hope this helps

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars, this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be better removing it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do

I think worth trying the antibiotics for a few months first and then deciding

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much

My pleasure, I hope you get this sorted soon. Please could you kindly use the stars to rate my response, thank you and take care

Tim Brown and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you