Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had 5 lots of antibiotics since September for a urine

Customer Question

I have had 5 lots of antibiotics since September for a urine infection. I have just finished the 5th today. I am still very uncomfortable, mainly sore around the vignal area, stomach pains in the lower stomach area. Should I wait for a few days to see if I can better?
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Nausea and ache in my back and lower abdomen. I have been in pain since September.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have bouts of depression and have had major surgery on my back and cervical.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Did you see any improvement while on antibiotic?

How old are you?

Do you have regular period?

Any ultrasound done?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Not the first two, second two were penicillin with some improvement, 5th one was Cefalexin this did improve the condition.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

Ok

You will need urine analysis and culture to identify the bacteria and antibiotic susceptibility.

You will also need an ultrasound of the kidney and bladder to check for kidney stone which can cause recurrent infections.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Waste of your time and mine £5 for nothing. Thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 21 days ago.

welcome

The website is only meant to provide medical education and answers specific to your questions only.

I am happy to answer any other medical concern you have.
The website does not substitute your GP or doctor.

The website is not authorized to issue any prescriptions or notes.