Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

Sperms analytics, No, No

Sperms analytics
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Thanks for your query,

what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi could please analyse my partners sperm test

Have you got the results?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Sent
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
We can't understand what the total sperms count is in millions
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
We know that he has a very low count but need to have ivf in order to have a child

Thanks I'll take a look

His sperm count is million is 0.17, when it should be over 39

This alone means little chance of sperm reaching the tube alive

also some of the sperm cannot move fast properly enough

also some of the sperm have abnormal shape so this affects their movement also

What the doctor can do is take his semen and separate the normal from abnormal sperm and inseminate that into you to coincide with when you ovulate.

If however they feel that his sperm is too abnormal for this to happen, then the other option would be donor sperm but I cant tell that just from the results and its usually recommended to repeat the test again in 3 mths

He should take lots of supplements like zinc and selenium to boost his sperm count, avoid smooking alcohol and tight underwear.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
OK thank you. So his sperms is only 170 thousand? What blood tests are recommended to rule out problems which can cause this?

Theres not much testing here apart from repeating the test, checking for chlamydia, antisperm antibodies and gene testing to make sure he does not have a gene mutation causing the problem.

But that will all be arranged by the fertility clinic themselves not by your GP

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
OK they said it made because of undecended testicles he had an operation around 6 years old to push them down

Its all guess, there's no way of knowing if it was that but yes that is a possibility

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
OK thanks for your help. One more question; is there any chance of pregnancy naturally for us? If we have sex when I ovulate ? Our doctor said that I have high ovarian reserve

I'll never say absolutely not, theres always a small possibilty but I'll say highly unlikely with those numbers

As its not just the count thats the issue but also the shape and movement of the sperm, so there are three things working against here

With millions of sperm only a few hundred eventually make it to the tube to reach the egg, and of those few hundred only a small handful survive long enough to wait for the egg to arrive.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.

No worries, happy to help

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Sorry my partner has a question. With those numbers would an IcSI procedure be possible?

Yes its very possible