Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I recently had a circumcision, but have some problems with

I recently had a circumcision, but have some problems with the post operation recovery. I would like to see a Urologist. I am 22 years old, I had the operation to treat Phimosis.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am really sorry that you are going through this. It must be really difficult for you.

What is the problem you are going through?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, thankyou for the response. The circumcision was performed on the 13th of April, morning time. I believe I developed a infection but I have been prescribed anti-biotics for that. My bigger concern is the foreskin at the front of the penis, I am confused as to whether that should be attached to the head like on the other side of my penis. Or its normal to look and be loose like this ? Pictures should help understand this, is it okay to attach them ?

`Yes, you can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I be able to retract it like this ? Should it not be attached to the head like the foreskin at the front ?

No, this is fine. This is how normall looks like. the band is at the base of head. So, skin above the band falls of and rest gets attached to penile head. Skin lower than head is retractable.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ah okay, and should I retract this skin to clean underneath it when in the shower ? or just leave it ?

Yes, you can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How far down should I be able to retract it ? Only slightly ?

As much as you can if it's not painful.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay and when would it be okay to masturbate again ?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
4-6 weeks ?

Yeah, 4-8weeks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou so much for the information ! You have been extremely helpful
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh sorry, I have one more question
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have also always had the problem of the penis being very stiff and non flexible when erect. As in, It could not be pushed forwards and down. It just felt uncomfortable and strained in the lower frontal penis muscles when I tried. The 120 degree position in this picture is exactly what I am talking about.

It really depends on different people and you just have it like this.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is their no way to change it ?

No

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay, thanks a lot for information

You are weclome.