Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I am having painful ejaculation, for many months now painful

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am having painful ejaculation
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: for many months now painful when I urinate and ejaculate
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am a 27yo M. I was due to be seen in Urology clinic in 2019 for cystoscopy however the appointment was cancelled and I was taken off the list due to not being able to meet the time. I was advised to get checked for STDs in 2019 prior to the appointment but I knew this would be negative as I am not sexually active with anyone else. i did get tested and I was negative. At the time I was having haematuria at the point of cessation of urinating but this seems to have stopped. However,I still experience burning sensation on urinating every single time. I was treated as ?urethritis with a short course of antibiotics but this was unsuccessful as my symptoms persist till now. Every few days I masturbate and this has made me realise that ejaculation is extremely painful. It has made me feel miserable as i’m still quite young and don’t want this to continue into later life. It is affecting my quality of life and often I get cramping abdominal pain/ lower back pain associated with the above symptoms.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
During urination the stream is extremely weak. There is hesitancy in starting micturition and some urgency after drinking small quantity of fluids but never been incontinent of urine. Urination is most painful when there is high pressure going through urethra e.g. when there is lot of urine needing to be passed from a full bladder.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I would be entirely grateful for any help and i’m desperate to get this sorted. I haven’t been successful in getting my GP’s help in this and I really just want this pain and burning sensation to go away.Please could you advise me on what you think might be going on and how best to manage?
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 17 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. May I know your age please?

2. Are you having any pain or burning sensation while urinating?

3. Is there any difficulty in urinating or hesitation or dribbling or frequent urination?

4. Are you feeling urgent need to urinate?

5. Is there any blood in the urine or is the urine cloudy?

6. Any pain in the lower abdomen or are in the perineum?

7. Any pain during ejaculation or pain and discomfort in the penis and testicles as such?

8. Are you having any fever or flu like symptoms?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Dear Dr Sumanth, all the answers to your above questions are mentioned in my messages above
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No fever/ flu like symptoms
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Hello...I understand your concern.

From you symptom analysis and correlating it with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that this might be Prostatitis.

Prostatitis is an infection or inflammation of the prostate gland. The prostate gland is present only in men. Its job is to make some of the fluid that men release during sex. The prostate gland forms a ring around the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to the end of the penis.

Prostatitis can be "acute" or "chronic." Acute prostatitis is usually caused by bacteria. Chronic prostatitis is sometimes caused by a bacteria. But chronic prostatitis can sometimes happen even when there is no bacterial infection.

It can be acute or chronic

Men with acute prostatitis can have:

•Fever

•Chills

•Flu-like symptoms

•Muscle pain

•Pain when they urinate

•Pain in or near the groin or genitals

•Cloudy urine

Men with chronic prostatitis sometimes have no symptoms. When they do have symptoms, they can:

•Have pain when they urinate

•Feel like they have to urinate a lot more often than normal

•Have the sudden need to urinate in a hurry

•Have pain in or near the groin or genitals

•Have a low-grade fever

Your doctor and nurse can check your urine and the fluid that comes out of your prostate gland for signs of infection. But these tests do not always find the problem.

In general, the treatment for prostatitis is antibiotics. The right antibiotics for you will depend on the type of prostatitis you have and the type of bacteria (if any) that show up on your tests. If antibiotics do not help, you might have chronic prostatitis that is not caused by a bacterial infection. In this case, your doctor might give you other medicines to help with your symptoms.

If you have problems urinating, you might also get medicines to help make it easier to urinate.

May I suggest you discuss these with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.