Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have been experiencing burning and a rash around my

Hi I have been experiencing burning and a rash around my vagina
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: however I have just noticed a small blister around 2 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s all thank you

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi there I don’t feel extremely comfortable uploading images. But I would be happy to describe it to you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’d like to continue chatting this way so nobody overhears the situation

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

Please do describe and I will ask some questions too.

1. Have you ever tested positive for genital herpes?

2. Are you experiencing any blisters there?

3. Is there any itching or burning or tingling sensation?

4. Did this start after any unprotected sexual intercourse?

5. Is there any personal or family history of autoimmune disorders?

6. Did you ever get any bartholin gland cyst in that region?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
my vagina is very red and burning all the way round to the anus and I noticed a small blister today on my vulva

I am sorry for your symptoms.

Yes, this sounds like genital herpes please.

I am sorry for this.

Herpes is an infection that can cause blisters and open sores on the genital area. Herpes is caused by a virus that is passed from person to person during vaginal, oral, or anal sex. Sometimes, people do not know they have herpes because they do not have any symptoms.

Herpes cannot be cured. But the disease usually causes most problems during the first few years. After that, the virus is still there, but it causes few to no symptoms. Even when the virus is active, people with herpes can take medicines to reduce and help prevent symptoms.

Some people with herpes never have any symptoms. But other people can develop symptoms within a few weeks of being infected with the herpes virus.

Symptoms usually include blisters in the genital area. In women, this area includes the vagina, butt, anus, or thighs. In men, this area includes the penis, scrotum, anus, butt, or thighs. The blisters can become painful open sores, which then crust over as they heal.

Sometimes, people can have other symptoms that include:

●Blisters on the mouth or lips

●Fever, headache, or pain in the joints

●Trouble urinating

In people with herpes, symptoms usually go away and come back. A return of symptoms is called an "outbreak." Outbreaks usually include blisters and open sores in the genital area. In most people, the first outbreak is the worst and can last as long as 2 to 3 weeks. Sometimes, people can tell when an outbreak will occur, because they feel itching or pain beforehand. Whatever your pattern is, keep in mind that herpes outbreaks usually become less frequent over time as you get older.

The medicines work best when people start them soon after an outbreak starts.

Choice of treatments -

Acyclovir - 800 mg three times daily for two days; or 800 mg twice daily for five days; or 400 mg three times daily for five days.

Famciclovir - 1000 mg twice daily for a single-day duration; or 125 mg twice daily for five days; or 500 mg once, followed by 250 mg twice daily for two days.

Valacyclovir - 500 mg twice daily for three days or 1000 mg once daily for five days.

To reduce the pain during an outbreak, you can, use a "Sitz bath" where you can sit in warm water for about 20 minutes. Your bathtub could also work.

Add ½ to 1 tablespoon (5 mL to 15 mL) of baking soda or 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 mL to 10 mL) of salt to the water in the plastic sitz bath. Swirl the water until the baking soda or salt dissolves. Carefully sit down in the plastic sitz bath and soak your bottom area for 10 to 15 minutes.

Avoid bubble baths. Keep the genital area clean and dry, and avoid tight clothes. Take over-the-counter pain medicine such as Tylenol or Advil.

But avoid Aspirin.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there not a chance that it’s something else?

Unlikely with the description.

Not with blister.

Others could be - Tinea cruris - a fungal infection.

Atopic dermatitis.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok I will book an appointment at my local sexual health clinic thank you

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800