Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have a bloated stomach and about 3 st over weight and I am

Customer Question

I have a bloated stomach and about 3 st over weight and I am a senior 85 year old
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 18 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. Are you having any burning pain radiating in the central part of the chest and how long have you had this for?

2. Is this associated with any hot and spicy or exotic food?

3. Did this start after any street food or unhygienic food?

4. Is there any personal or family history of gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux?

5. Are you feeling bloated even after small amount of food?

6. Has there been any alternating diarrhea and constipation?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
1) No (2) No) (3) None) (4) not that I no off (50) Feeling bloated most of the time (6) had some problems taking Laxido 2-3 times a day
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please indicate if you can help on this way

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

Thank you for the information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the medical history that I have gathered from you I feel that the possibilities are -

1. Acute gastritis - Probably food related.

2. Gastroesophageal reflux.

3. Irritable Bowel syndrome.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Famotidine 20mg (available as over the counter) twice a day for 3 - 7 days depending on the symptom abatement.

2. Head end of the bed elevation.

3. Do not skip breakfast.

4. Rather than two or three heavy meals, take small aliquots of four to five meals a day.

5. Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed.

6. Avoid certain foods which can increase the the reflux like whole milk, dairy products, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, hot tomato sauces, onions, spicy food, citrus fruits, grapefruits and peppermint.

7. If you are already on - you can take proton pump inhibitors 30 minutes before food, preferably on empty stomach in the morning or before dinner.

8. Stop medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including Motrin, Advil and also vitamin C.

9. Do not don tight stomach compressing clothing.

10. Home therapy - you can do one tablespoon of of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water, gargling several times a day.

If you are not better with these measures we need to consider either IBS or prescription grade medications like proton pump inhibitors which can be very effective.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can tell you I do have Diverticular disease and approx 3 st over weight mainly in the stomac area would this info be of help
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I mean diagnostic help

The best diagnostic test is CT scan of the abdomen with and without contrast.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thanks. What would be the specialist type to proceed with as i will go private on this area. ?

Gastroenterologist would be the best.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Could you kindly answer my lsst question thanks
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for your advice
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani