Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

One of my is swollen and I’ve been discharging pee randomly

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: one of my balls is swollen and I’ve been discharging pee randomly but it’s clear
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute I believe
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is less of pain and more of an ache no lumps I believe but definitely swollen

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. Is the pain in the posterior part or back portion of the testicle please?

2. Are you feeling any cord like structure there?

3. Is there any swelling?

4. Are you having any bag of worms feeling (due to engorged veins) when you touch the scrotum?

5. Is there any pain during urination?

6. Are you running any temperature?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No temperature no pain during urination yes swollen I believe I do feel a cord
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’m unable to call at the moment
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The back of the ball

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you

Hello...from your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Epididymitis. The other possibility is Orchitis.

Epididymitis is the term used when the epididymis gets inflamed. The epididymis is a small structure that sits on back to top of the testicle. The epididymis stores sperm and moves it along the male reproductive tract. Different infections and conditions can cause epididymitis. In teens and men who are having sex, epididymitis is commonly caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea. These are 2 different infections that people can catch during sex.

Epididymitis can also be caused by other conditions or infections that people don't catch during sex. These things are more likely to cause epididymitis in older men.

Besides pain, epididymitis can also cause, swelling of the scrotum or testicles, redness of the scrotum and probably fever.

An ultrasound or color doppler of the scrotum is the investigation of choice.

To help the abnormal feeling, you can:

1. Put a cold gel pack, bag of ice, or bag of frozen vegetables on the area every few hours, for 15 minutes each time.

2. Wear a jock strap to support your scrotum.

3. Take an over-the-counter medicine to treat your pain. Over-the-counter medicines include Tylenol or Advil or Aleve.

But I suggest you consult your PCP with this suggestion and get yourself an appropriate antibiotic prescription please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800