DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

I have had a dull ache in the testicle for a few months now.

Customer Question

I have had a dull ache in the testicle for a few months now. The doctor said it could be Epididymitis I was given cipro twice a day for a week, after no improvement two days after they finished I wS put on cipro for 2 weeks the same dosage, still not helping. I contacted a health service they gave me 2 weeks doxy and I still have the dull ache. Would all this medication have treated all epididymitis as I am reading you need a month's supply.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

I understand your concern.

The antibiotics would have definitely treated the infection if there was one but if the pain persists then it would be wise to get an ultrasound. There could be a small cyst giving you this pain and you can also have reassurance there is nothing dangerous going on inside.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thsnks
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It seems to refer to my lower back also
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It all really came for my diagnosis of covid and then long covid
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But that was in late January
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

I don't believe that's directly related to covid but it's a relatively new disease and it could be an after effect of that. An ultrasound can help us in reaching a diagnosis I believe.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have previously had ultrasound that I'd where they said there was a bit more blood flow that normal. They also said there was also a varascoli (sorry I don't know the vien) but didn't stress that it was bad, just told my to use underwear to support it
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 days ago.

Varicocele can give pain and it could just be that. It's not a serious thing as such.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sorry about the delay with replying
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If I take an sti test, for a multitude of different sti will epididymitis show up on the test?
Because I have taking an sti test and it all came back negative.
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 5 days ago.

Hello!

I would appreciate if you could post a new query for any further questions you might be having. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Would epididymitis show up on an sti test?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is sho what will it show up as?
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 4 days ago.

If there is no obvious swelling at site of pain, the pain may be a referred pain with pathology up in back. Please get more investigations done in abdomen and back seeing your surgeon again. Good luck.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 3 days ago.

You are welcome.