Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have mild pain in left testicle while im sitting down,

Customer Question

I have mild pain in left testicle while im sitting down
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: When im sitting on chair mainly. Ive had this discomfort for a while now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yeah thats it
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi thanks for looking out

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. Is the pain in the posterior part or back portion of the testicle please?

2. Are you feeling any cord like structure there?

3. Is there any swelling?

4. Are you having any bag of worms feeling (due to engorged veins) when you touch the scrotum?

5. Is there any pain during urination?

6. Are you running any temperature?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I feel discomfort on the left side of my balls while i sit. Sometimes i feel blood rushing on veins. Thats it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Discomfort is on left side of balls below

Hello...from your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Epididymitis.

Epididymitis is the term used when the epididymis gets inflamed. The epididymis is a small structure that sits on back to top of the testicle. The epididymis stores sperm and moves it along the male reproductive tract. Different infections and conditions can cause epididymitis. In teens and men who are having sex, epididymitis is commonly caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea. These are 2 different infections that people can catch during sex.

Epididymitis can also be caused by other conditions or infections that people don't catch during sex. These things are more likely to cause epididymitis in older men.

Besides pain, epididymitis can also cause, swelling of the scrotum or testicles, redness of the scrotum and probably fever.

An ultrasound or color doppler of the scrotum is the investigation of choice.

To help the abnormal feeling, you can:

1. Put a cold gel pack, bag of ice, or bag of frozen vegetables on the area every few hours, for 15 minutes each time.

2. Wear a jock strap to support your scrotum.

3. Take an over-the-counter medicine to treat your pain. Over-the-counter medicines include Tylenol or Advil or Aleve.

But I suggest you consult your PCP with this suggestion and get yourself an appropriate antibiotic prescription please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay thank you for you advise. Do you recommend any urologist in london. Or should i just use free SHL clinic

I am sorry we cannot do a referral. You can consult at the SHL.