Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

When getting a erection. Y penis will not fully get hard and

Customer Question

When getting a erection. Y penis will not fully get hard and the forskin will not fully come back and still covers the head there is also a bit of skin connected to the head which atops my penis expanding
JA: The Urologist can help. To begin, is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: I don’t understand
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Chronic
JA: Thank you so much for your answers. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history the Urologist should know?
Customer: No
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

You are having two different problems.

How long have you not been getting full erections?

How long since the foreskin not been fully retracted?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Problem has been happening all my adult life
For both problems
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
When i pull back there is a strip of skin attached to the head that stops it going further

The weak erection is called Erectile Dysfunction. You are having Erectile Dysfunction.

Erectile Dysfunction can be due to a number of causes.

Psychological: Psychological causes of ED are the commonest cause.

Other causes of ED are: medicines, neuropathy due to causes like diabetes, hormonal disorders like low testosterone, lumbar disc lesion, cardiovascular diseases, etc.

In your case, this is most likely due to psychological causes. SInce you are young and healthy, psychological causes like performance anxiety, masturbation habits (masturbation is not bad in itself but excessive masturbation more than 5 times a week, too fast or too much pressure causes a habituation to masturbation) anxiety about self, anxiety about partner, etc all contribute to this.

Psychological problems leading to erectile dysfunction are common after a period without sex, a new partner, periods of increased stress, etc.

You should not get yourself worried about this. You will certainly come out of this with time.

The first thing is to combat your stress.

Try to avoid stress - cut down on coffee, alcohol, smoking.

Regular hours of sleep.

Good healthy diet.

Iron, Vit. C and Zinc supplements

Exercise regularly, this is the most important step.

In additon to this, the other measures that you should take are:

Vitamin supplements: Bioflavinoids, Selenium and Vitamin E supplements.

Kegel exercises: You should do them regularly for strengthening the pelvic muscles.

All these supplements are available OTC at pharmacies and you can ask for these supplements.

All these measures will help you to come out of this.

If it persists, you should see your doctor.

There are a number of drugs available. The most well known of course is Sildenafil (Viagra). Besides this, alternative drugs like Tadalafil (Cialis) and Vardenafil (Levitra) are also available. These are the first choice of treatment and one or the other should work for you.

Prescription drugs will certainly help you overcome this if you need them. You can use this for a certain period till you come out fo this.

The short skin that is holding up your foreskin is called Frenulum. You have a short frenulum. You can try initially to lengthen it at home.

The most effective way is to use a steroid ointment first and then pinch the frenulum and pull it away from the body, one minute at a time. THe pressure should be uncomfortable but not painful. Do this as often as possible. Doing this with a steroid ointment is more helpful. You should approach your family physician for a prescription. Alternatively, you can use an OTC steroid like 1% Hydrocortisone.

A more effective surgical method is Frenuloplasty, which is a simple, qick and very effective way to lengthen this. If this exercise does not help you have to go to the doctor.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank You