Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Ave got a question, No I have no medication yet, No

Hello ave got a question
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I have no medication yet
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have this discomfort ..in my testicles and ave been tested for sti but came negative what could be the problem

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. Is the pain in the posterior part or back portion of the testicle please?

2. Are you feeling any cord like structure there?

3. Is there any swelling?

4. Are you having any bag of worms feeling (due to engorged veins) when you touch the scrotum?

5. Is there any pain during urination?

6. Are you running any temperature?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
1.the pain or discomfort is when I sit or lay down in bed ..or when having sex
2.yes I can feel the cords like structures
3.i think there is a swelling on the left testicles but not very large and I can feel the cords more there
4.yes I think so but am not very sure of question 4
5.No pain but some little discomfort when urinating
6.No I have no temperature.
And I can add one more thing somtimes back I used to be very itchy on the skin of the scrotum when it get hot I used canstern cream and I stopped itching

Hello...from your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that you may be having Epididymitis.

Epididymitis is the term used when the epididymis gets inflamed. The epididymis is a small structure that sits on back to top of the testicle. The epididymis stores sperm and moves it along the male reproductive tract. Different infections and conditions can cause epididymitis. In teens and men who are having sex, epididymitis is commonly caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea. These are 2 different infections that people can catch during sex.

Epididymitis can also be caused by other conditions or infections that people don't catch during sex. These things are more likely to cause epididymitis in older men.

Besides pain, epididymitis can also cause, swelling of the scrotum or testicles, redness of the scrotum and probably fever.

An ultrasound or color doppler of the scrotum is the investigation of choice.

To help the abnormal feeling, you can:

1. Put a cold gel pack, bag of ice, or bag of frozen vegetables on the area every few hours, for 15 minutes each time.

2. Wear a jock strap to support your scrotum.

3. Take an over-the-counter medicine to treat your pain. Over-the-counter medicines include Tylenol or Advil or Aleve.

But I suggest you consult your PCP with this suggestion and get yourself an appropriate antibiotic prescription please.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

You need to use Ciprofloxacin 500mg two times a day for 10 days.

Unfortunately we do not prescribe medications on this website.

I would recommend you go to website- CallonDoc.com, and they should be able to prescribe it. Good luck

Another one -  https://plushcare.com/online-doctor

You might also look into telemedicine providers such as Teladoc or American Well.