GuptaMD
GuptaMD, Dr
Experience:  MD. Experienced in Pediatric Urology and Nephrology
239748

Please could I speak to a urologist about an ongoing

Customer Question

Hi, please could I speak to a urologist about an ongoing haematuria issue?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am awaiting a Cystoscopy and currently on Cipro but I have some questions before the procedure
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I suffered postpartum haemorrhage around 11 weeks ago after giving birth and would like to know if this could be related
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I gave birth 12 weeks ago and a week after giving birth I suffered postpartum haemorrhage due to retained products. The doctor at the hospital said the pieces of retained products were only 1-2cm big and would do me more harm than good to operate on. They gave me antibiotics to clear it. I went on the depo provera injection on the 3rd of august as I suffer from excruciating periods and the blood in my urine started on the 30th August. I saw a doctor at the hospital who said there wasn’t an infection in the urine sample and told me to keep an eye on it. Few days later, it hadn’t stopped so I booked in a private ultrasound of my bladder which shown a 1.2cm growth next to my urethra, urologists at the hospital are confident it is childbirth related and could be a blood clot. They don’t seem to think it is anything sinister but are carrying out a Cystoscopy next Tuesday. The blood in my urine is barely there now but I still pass the odd small clot and it’s scaring me. I’ve also just come on my period but it’s very light spotting. Is it true that this could be linked to childbirth? I’m only 25 years old and terrified it is cancer!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (P55TQPS)
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 13 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  GuptaMD replied 13 days ago.

My apologies for the delay in responding,

This certainly appears to related to the the childbirth, and is NOT a cancer, I would advise you to stop worrying about this, get the cystoscopy and if needed any further investigations,

Not to worry :)

Warm regards