Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

This is regarding IVF: when ordering donor sperm from abroad

Hi this is regarding IVF: when ordering donor sperm from abroad as opposed to from within the county, is there an increased risk of the sperm's quality decreasing during the shipping journey? Or, since it is shipped in a nitrogen tank, will there not be any reductions in quality? Thanks

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

aS FAR AS they are shipped properly in the nitrogen tank the quality would not change compared to stored sperm.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.