Urodoc
Urodoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have bout of severe itching, my creatinine levels are 1,25

Customer Question

I have bout of severe itching, my creatinine levels are 1,25 not sure if it is causing itching cannot sleep at night at the moment.
JA: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: diebetic
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urodoc replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

Expert:  Urodoc replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Where do you have itching?

Rash, redness?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
age 57, itchig lower half of the body and creeping upwards,, no medications was taking metformin but it caused severe diarea so stopped taking it no rash or redness apart from itching wounds, been suffering for a month or so but I had severe itching about couple of years ago at that time I was also taking metformin ans as soon as I stopped taking metformin my itching disappeared, but this time I am not taking metformin,
Expert:  Urodoc replied 9 days ago.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

The typical range for serum creatinine is: For adult men, 0.74 to 1.35 mg/dL .

The normal range can vary from lab to lab.

You should see your doctor and ask for blood work including Liver function test, CRP, Absolute Eosinophil count for further evaluation.

Peripheral Neuropathy can be contributing factor to your itching on the lower half of the body.

And start vitamin B 12 supplement and vitamin D 3.

Use colloidal oatmeal bath and calamine lotion.

Take OTC Allegra.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Urodoc replied 9 days ago.

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil