Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I had epididymitis twice in the past month and had it

Hi I had epididymitis twice in the past month and had it treated with antibiotics but now I fear it’s returned. I have to start MS treatment on Monday and I have to make sure I have no other infections. Is it possible that the epididymitis has returned even after two antibiotics courses or is this residual inflammation?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes twice and I took antibiotics but now nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I think thats all

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear this. What antibiotic have you had, and how long had you taken it?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Doctor yea so the first time I had augmentine and the second time I had cyclo-something

Thanks, ***** ***** treatment should be Ciprofloxacin twice daily for about 10 days. Therefore if you haven't had a full course it would be worth doing this. Post treatment it is possible to have some discomfort though, so it is worth getting someone to examine you as you may not require any further antibiotics.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright yes that was the treatment. But I only had one week course - that’s what I was prescribed in Austria
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I should go to the hospital then and get checked you think

If you feel it is still painful then yes I would.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright will do thanks doctor

Not a problem.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just one other quick question I noticed that my sperm volume has diminished quite a lot, is this normal after epididymitis?

Yes, commonly, but often short lived.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright great thanks very much I won’t take up more of your time
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have a good evening :)

No problem, take care.