Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I suddenly have to pee when I have exerted myself. Yesterday

Customer Question

I suddenly have to pee when I have exerted myself. Yesterday I couldn't avoid emptying a full bladder in my trousers. Couldn't stop the flow. I need urgently need help and/or advice. I also have COPD and get very puffed on exercise too. I am male aged 81.
JA: Is this a new condition, or have you been dealing with it for a while?
Customer: Not new and getting worse
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my COPD stems from scoliosis from polio when I was 13.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 15 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

You might have water infection and this can cause your symptoms. The treatment is very simple and you could possibly require antibiotics, but unfortunately, we are only an advice service and are unable to prescribe. However, if you call 111 now, they can prescribe antibiotics and/or come out to see you if necessary.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Maybe but it has been going on for months like this. So would this be an infection? And could my scoliosis be impacting the problem - rib cage is twisted.

Have you seen a doctor about this?
Also do you have any pain, burning, abdominal pain, fever or vomiting?

Infection is a possibility or it could be due to weak bladder. I am not sure that scoliosis itself can cause urinary symptoms as such. Either way, you can call 111 today and have an assessment. They can check your urine for infection too.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No none. I suspect this is for a urologist which is why I contacted you and paid your fee.

I understand. I will opt out and hopefully a urologist will get back to you soon.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Look forward ot hearing further.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 15 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Tetyana I am happy to wait to get the right person, Thanks.