Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology. 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Swelling after circumcision

Swelling after circumcision

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

When was it done?

How much is the swelling?

Any pain?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was circumcised over 48 hours ago, from reading online it says to expect swelling along the stitch line, but under my penis is way more swollen than anywhere else,
It isn’t exactly painful as such just uncomfortable especially if my penis touches anything, I’m just wondering if the amount of swelling I have is normal, the surgeon did say he was very happy with how the procedure went I’m just being cautious, also how long should I expect the swelling to stay if it is normal?Thanks

The swelling can occur at the dependent part and I would suggest monitor for 3 to 4 days as it would improve in a few days. If it becomes painful, red, sore then see a doctor.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It already is very red and pretty angry looking, the under side of the penis doesn’t look anything like the top, the top looks pretty good that’s what makes me more concerned by the underside

If that is the case then see a doctor to gte it examined and to rule out any infection.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I post a picture here for your opinion as I’m not able to get about at the moment

Yes, please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (GG7P373)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What do you think?

Just give it 2 to 3 days and it will improve if not then see a doctor.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you I will keep a close eye on it