Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

Second opinion] How can I sit comfortably with massively

second opinion] How can I sit comfortably with massively swollen testicles?
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: It‘s from my ascites, I‘m on the waiting list for s liver transplant. Every time I have my ascites drained my stomach is fine, but my testicles stay the same and sitting, whether for eating, working or driving is just agony.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that‘s about it really.

HI, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the ascites, it can be really troublesome. The first thing to do is to reduce your salt intake to as low as you can. Secondly you can speak to your doctor about increasing the dose of diuretic (water tablet) you are on to help reduce the fluid within the scrotum. It's sometimes worth placing a small pillow under the testicles while you sleep so that they're slightly elevated when you're asleep and this angulation can also help reduce the swelling by morning time. Avoiding long periods on your feet can also help. These are the main steps that may help. I hope that's helpful, all the very best.