Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

Lately, I had a relation with a girl without condom.

Customer Question

Lately, I had a sexual relation with a girl without condom. Therefore, in order to avoid contracting any sexual disease, both of us have done the fast HIV test on the following day and the result was negative. Therefore, I should not be worried
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

I understand your concern. If both of you are negative then there is zero possibility of transmission. You should be safe and there is no need for further testing.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The thing is that HIV can appear on your body months after the last sexual relation, and possibly the result I got is a false negative, as both of had done the quick HIV test the day following our sexual activity. Should I be worried even though our results are negative?
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

The probability of having a false positive in both of you is negligible. The screening tests are made so that there is more probability of getting a false positive than a false negative. I don't believe you have anything to worry about. You may go ahead and get HIV RNA testing for your peace of mind but that's not really needed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 10 days ago.

My pleasure.