Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I think I feel a cold sore coming on my lip.(but it’s not

Customer Question

I think I feel a cold sore coming on my lip.(but it’s not fully there yet), my partner kissed me today and then gave me oral sex . He does not have oral herpes but because he kissed me and then gave me oral . Will I get genital herpes. I’m very worried
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer

Can you send me a picture?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to assist you; valuing your intervention, I want to tell you that if the presence of the typical rash of herpes zoster is confirmed, the recommendation is to start with a cream called Acyclovir, applying it every 8 hours until the typical vesicles of herpes dry up or disappear. Usually, herpes does not disappear from the body is a virus that remains latent in the human body waiting for immune system affectations to be expressed in multiple parts of our body, For this reason, it is essential to maintain good hydration and a good nutritional habit, sometimes vitamin supplements based on vitamin C, zinc and vitamin D help strengthen the immune system to avoid expressions of the virus in different parts of our body, as for the contagion I want to tell you that if the herpes vesicles are not visible, you have nothing to worry about because shingles spread when the rash is expressed on the lips or in the genital region.

I would like you to keep me updated on your health situation in the next few days to see how this situation evolves. If possible, I would like you to take a daily picture with good lighting if there is a rash to see how it develops in the next few days.