Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
11269312

I found a lump on my vulva, near my. It’s not a pimple, I

Customer Question

I found a lump on my vulva, near my clit. It’s not a pimple, I think it might be a cyst, what do I do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven’t seen a doctor yet I just found it last night. I am on acetazolamide which I’m on regularly
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i did a sexual health test last week which came back all negative as I’m currently sexually active with one partner
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having this lump?

Is it painful?

Are you comfortable sharing a pic?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My age is 27 and I’m a female.
I found the lump last night and it is red and a tiny bit sore. I put some hydrocortisone cream on it which helped a little.
I haven’t seen a doctor yet and I did a sexual health test last week which came back all negative.
I’ll send a picture, it’s not very good and it’s difficult to capture

Thank you, ***** ***** reviewed your pic. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes as we often have our offline work to deal with and also sometimes a number of customers at the same time.

This is likely to be Skene's gland cyst.

Skene's glands are peri-urethral glands found in this region, occasionally their duct can become blocked leading to cyst formation.

They are benign cysts but can become infected leading to a lot of pain and discomfort.

It would be best to have this seen to by a doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is it still ok to have sex?
you can have sex if its not painful.