Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have a strange swelling in my testicles, not that I am

Customer Question

Hi there I have a strange swelling in my testicles
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: not that I am aware of and around 2 months but it seems to be more noticeable now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my urine is different from normal and my scrotum is lower than usual
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question

Can you send me a picture ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (Q661165)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi there, I was hoping for some advice via the picture first. My family are all sleeping and I would end up waking them. My apologies
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is this okay?
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 8 days ago.

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary. We can continue through this chat without any problem.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you sir, I really appreciate your time and any help that you can give. I have had no luck in getting seen by my GP locally

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I do not and have not for the past 5 months
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am a 23 year old male with no prior sexual health related issues. There is a history of cancer in my family, particularly prostate and I am scared about this a lot
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please can you help me?

please give me a moment

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry doctor

Have you had urinate test?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Not yet, I have been trying for over 2 weeks now to be seen from a doctor but they are turning me away due to no appointments left

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to assist you in evaluating your intervention; it is essential that a doctor can assess you in person, and it is necessary to perform certain maneuvers to help us determine where the pain comes from and where the inflammatory process is precisely located it is likely that your doctor will indicate certain specific studies such as a testicular ultrasound to help us elucidate an accurate diagnosis along with the physical examination.

Meanwhile, the recommendation is to start with painkillers and powerful anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen every 8 hours for three days accompanied by cold therapies by placing ice for 5 minutes in the morning and at night; it may also be helpful to use specific devices such as the jockstrap, reduce the time you spend standing during the day and when you are lying down you should lift your legs to improve the distribution of fluids in the groin.