Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Men's Health, Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have a slight purple on the vein near the head of my penis

Customer Question

I have a slight purple mark on the vein near the head of my penis … I haven’t ejaculated in a while and just masterbates a bit so not sure if it’s just rush of blood had it 2 hours now though … no pain or raised lump can just see a purple mark and a bit of blood splash to the side
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: acute
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

This doesn’t sound like anything you need to worry about, likely just a small, superficial bruise. I anticipate this will resolve spontaneously over the next couple of weeks. In the unlikely event it does not, then do seek further advice.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.
I hope this is helpful.
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh will it last that long?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Am I possibly able to attach a photo just to double check with you I know its a sensitive area
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Yes, that’s okay with me

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’m slightly worried about the vein in the centre not sure if that’s throbbing or that’s just me being paranoid again no pain
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 14 days ago.

Yes, consistent with the advice above.