Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

Recently diagnosed with PCa and looking into my options, no

Customer Question

Hi Recently diagnosed with PCa and looking into my options
JA: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: no issues there urine normal usual very pale yellow as I am careful to keep hydrated.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am 65 with little symptoms, probably as weaker urine stream. I have had an MRI and biopsy and given Gleason of 7 (3+4) psa 4.6. I have been researching HIFU
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 17 days ago.

This is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Dr Ansari. So as I stated I am looking into options for treatment of my PCa and looking into my options. So far I have scheduled meeting with Urologist to discuss a Prostatectomy

May I ask what PCa stand for?

Prostate cancer??

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Happy typing
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Prostate cancer

You are diagnosed by a Urologist?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
have Histopathology report

May I know what is written in the report?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Gleason score of 7 (3+4) with 2 out of 13 cores on right side of Prostate and no malignancy in 13 cores on left side.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
PSA was 4.6

The Gleason Score is the grading system used to determine the aggressiveness of prostate cancer. If the Gleason Score is written as 3+4=7, it means most of the tumour is grade 3 and the next largest section of the tumour is grade 4, together they make up the total Gleason Score.

High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a prostate cancer treatment that uses the energy of highly focused ultrasound to pinpoint, heat and kill prostate cancer cells. Unlike radiation and surgery, HIFU is a non-invasive (no incisions) outpatient procedure that leaves healthy tissue unharmed.

HIFU treatment for localized prostate cancer is especially relevant for total or radical treatment of the entire prostate gland for patients with:

• A localized stage T1 or T2 cancer
  • A Gleason score of 7 or less
  • A desire to maintain maximum quality of life after treatment

Higher stage cancer (T3) or more aggressive cancers (Gleason score higher than 7) are possible but this option has to be discussed with a urologist expert.