Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Im struggling with a weak bladder at the moment; getting up

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Im struggling with a weak bladder at the moment; getting up 4 or 5 times in the night. Please could you advise on best medication to help treat this? thanks Conrad
JA: Is this a new condition, or have you been dealing with it for a while?
Customer: had it for about 15 years. ive been to see a harley st consultant and they say there's nothing wrong with the size of my bladder. thanks
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: nothing really ... potentially anxiety but that's not a big issue any more. the only thing that seems to help a little is going in the sauna thanks
Thank you for contacting Just Answer

I am sorry to hear, are you male or female? And what is your age?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
im a male. aged 46. thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** had your prostate checked by examination? A PSA blood test? And a urine flow test done?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ive had all those done. Theyre all fine. To be honest, i think it;s probably a result of me going to the toilet too much over the years but now it's really affecting my sleep badly. I think it was initially as a result of anxiety but it's really worsened recently. thanks
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it's almost as though my bladder needs calming down as, like myself, it can feel hyper active.
Thanks, ***** ***** that is all normal it excludes and obstructive cause such as Benign Prostate enlargement.

I would therefore suggest Bladder retraining.

As for the symptoms now you could consider medication for an overactive bladder, such as Solifenacin, as this may reduce your urinary frequency.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok, will try that thanks

That is my pleasure, I hope that it helps.

Is there anything else regarding this I can help you with?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no, all good. thanks Conrad
Thank you, ***** *****