How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ben Your Own Question
Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 2029
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Men's Health, Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Ben is online now

I have some growths on my penis head, Don’t know, don’t

Customer Question

I have some growths on my penis head
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Don’t know
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don’t think so
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 9 days ago.
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 9 days ago.

Would you be kind enough to upload some photos for me to review please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (Z4MT5SZ)
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 9 days ago.

That’s very helpful, many thanks.

May I ask how long they have been present for?

Any associated symptoms such as burning when passing urine, discharge, testicular swelling/discomfort etc?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They’ve been there for a few months no other symptoms though this morning there was an unpleasant smell
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When I first noticed something a miss my skin on my foreskin had gone whiteish and started peeling like in the photo shown
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 9 days ago.

Okay, many thanks.

I would suggest booking in to your local sexual health clinic for an examination, swabs and to discuss treatment (it is a little difficult to tell on the photos as the lesions are so small, but they may represent small warts that can be treated quite readily).

In the meantime, it may well be helpful to use Daktarin cream (or similar) twice daily as the second photo you kindly forwarded is suggestive of a yeast infection.

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 9 days ago.

I hope this is helpful, is there anything else you would like to ask or for me to clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi there! Yes please, so I’d gotten myself tested a few times previously and everything continues to come back negative, I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago and the woman had said that this might just be how my skin is now but then other little dots appeared which is why I thought this likely isn’t just how my skin is.Thank you for the advice so I had used daktarin cream for about a month, how will I know if the yeast infection has been cured?Also, what would you recommend to treat what might be the small warts??
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Okay, that’s helpful to know and reassuring that you have had negative screening.

A yeast infection can be confirmed/excluded with a simple (charcoal) swab of the area.

Warts can be treated by several different methods, such as self-application of Aldara (Imiquimod) cream.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** anywhere you can recommend that I can buy the charcoal swab test or anything like that?Also from the photo you’d seen, is it something you’ve seen similarly before with a wart on the penis head?
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Sorry, I did send a reply earlier but it looks like it didn’t go through.

I’m not aware of this test being for sale and would simply suggest requesting it from your GP (there shouldn’t be a problem with this really).

Yes, warts can just be confined to the tip of the penis. However, there are numerous glands here that can just appear prominent, especially if there is any irritation to the area such as in the presence of a yeast infection etc

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question(s) fully. If not, then please do let me know and I am happy to clarify anything.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is*****

Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 8 days ago.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to help :)

Have a great day, Dr. Ben