How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 18531
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency Medicine
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I have problems with erection where should I go, I haven't

Customer Question

I have problems with erection where should I go
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I haven't seen doctor yet no medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've took testosterone before
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

What is your age?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

You are having Erectile Dysfunction.

Erectile Dysfunction can be due to a number of causes.

Psychological causes of ED are the commonest cause.

Other causes of ED are: medicines, neuropathy due to causes like diabetes, hormonal disorders like low testosterone, lumbar disc lesion, cardiovascular diseases, etc.

In your case, this is most likely due to psychological causes. SInce you are young and healthy, psychological causes like performance anxiety, masturbation habits (masturbation is not bad in itself but excessive masturbation more than 5 times a week, too fast or too much pressure causes a habituation to masturbation) anxiety about self, anxiety about partner, etc all contribute to this.

Psychological problems leading to erectile dysfunction are common after a period without sex, a new partner, periods of increased stress, etc.

You should not get yourself worried about this. You will certainly come out of this with time.

The first thing is to combat your stress.

Try to avoid stress - cut down on coffee, alcohol, smoking.

Regular hours of sleep.

Good healthy diet.

Iron, Vit. C and Zinc supplements

Exercise regularly, this is the most important step.

In additon to this, the other measures that you should take are:

Vitamin supplements: Bioflavinoids, Selenium and Vitamin E supplements.

Kegel exercises: You should do them regularly for strengthening the pelvic muscles.

All these supplements are available OTC at pharmacies and you can ask for these supplements.

All these measures will help you to come out of this.

If it persists, you should see your doctor. You should preferably see a Urologist if the problem persists, you can ask your doctor for a referral.

There are a number of good drugs available. The most well known of course is Sildenafil (Viagra). Besides this, alternative drugs like Tadalafil (Cialis) and Vardenafil (Levitra) are also available. These are the first choice of treatment and one or the other should work for you.

Prescription drugs will certainly help you overcome this if you need them. You can use this for a certain period till you come out fo this.

Shock Wave Therapy is a recent treatment for this. It aims to improve the functioning of the erectile tissue and is therefore not just a symptomatic treatment but a curative treatment. There are two main types of shock wave treatment for ED, Low energy SWT and High energy SWT. Both are equally effective. You can discuss this with your doctor.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Where I can find doctor urologist I live in Rotherham
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I've took anabolic steroids testosterone can my problem be cos I have lack of testosterone ?
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 days ago.

The best way to locate a Urologist near you is to google 'Urologist near me', You can use 'private urologist near me'. You can then call and make an appointment.