KemalG
KemalG,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Is it possible to speak to a doctor please

Customer Question

Good evening, is it possible to speak to a doctor please
Category: Urology
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

How can I help you? 

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello Dr Geyik
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Do you have any questions for me?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I wonder if you can help me. I actually have a mental health disorder so it’s a slightly strange question. The other night I had had a lot to drink (approx 8 drinks or more). When this has happened in the past I can get erectile dysfunction which I know can be normal after drinking heavily. I basically would like to know is it ‘ possible’ that not being able to get an erection is possible on occasions after heavy drinking of this has happened before to me but after I’ve had 1 or 2 energy drinks mixed in too? For example, do energy drinks stop the nervous system effects of alcohol in this region?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I hope that makes sense. Basically, I don’t think any to think that I had an erection dancing behind a girl but I do t know what energy drinks do with a lot of alcohol combined. I.e. whether they stop the nervous system effects of alcohol?
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Yes, heavy drinking (even moderate drinking) can cause erectile difficulties/issues and this is very common. You may even get issues with 1 or 2 drinks. This is usually temporary and should improve after a few days, provided you don't have any other medical conditions.

If you are on antidepressants, these can cause problems as well.

I don't think energy drinks would have an effect on this.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, I see so it ‘is’ possible that I didn’t have an erection after consuming so much and having one or two energy drinks?
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Yes, that is possible and again this is temporary and should go back to normal.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, thank you so much for your help. I just have one last quick question. If, when I get home and spend much more time and obviously significantly more aroused I ‘can’ sometimes sustain an erection after drinking. Is this process different then if you spend more time etc?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it’s possible I didn’t in the club but if I spend more time etc at home it can?
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Yes, that is very normal; if you are more aroused, you can keep an erection longer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you still there doctor?
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

Yes, I am still here.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have two more related questions. Can I call you to ask or just ask here?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They are very basic
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

You can ask them here if that is OK with you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sure, if you don’t mind. Thank you!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
1. Is it at least ‘possible’ after drinking over 8 drinks that it wouldn’t have even ‘started’ to get erect which is what i want to think?2. Is the process at home where I have longer etc and maybe more aroused etc etc be different. Eg in the club I’m obviously not touching myself etc so this could be different I mean with more time?
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

1. Yes, that is correct.

2. Yes, in home environment you feel more relaxed and this can be different and you can have longer erections.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you doctor you have helped me a lot today. Thanks so much
Expert:  KemalG replied 14 days ago.

You are most welcome.