How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111472
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I was a continuing student in the US and came home. I had to

Customer Question

I was a continuing student in the US and came home. I had to renew my visa and today was denied because my school was a 'no name' and she thought there were better schools here in the UK. it was under 214 b i think. I do not want to fight the decision. I just now want to get my things in the us. My laptop, clothes and i need to sell my car. On the ESTA site it asks was i denied a visa i have to say yes. So if they deny me how can i get over to get my things. I was planning on booking a ticket for 6 weeks to settle all my affairs.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

I am sorry for the issue that you are having. You most likely would be denied an ESTA. If you are, you will need to apply for a B-2 tourist visa, explain that you need to go back to get your things and show proof of the evidence that you will come back home after you get your things. You can use evidence such as registering at a school in the UK, starting a new job in the UK, etc. The more things you have to show you will be going back to the UK, the better chance you have of getting the B-2.

Just in case, here is a link:

Again, I am truly sorry for the issues that you have gone through with the U.S. immigration process. I wish I had better news for you.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 4 years ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!