How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 38
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Ely is online now

Hi, I am a UK resident and was married to an American citizen,

Customer Question


I am a UK resident and was married to an American citizen, we have a son who is now 4 and living in usa with his mum but we divorced a few years ago - would I be able to apply for a family visa? my intention is to emigrate there but not sure what the best way forward is.

My ex wife is prepared to act as a sponsor

I also work over in Iraq in the private security industry and have the American gov as a client

any assistant would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Are you planning to marry your ex-spouse again?