How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 38
Experience:  Counselor at Law. Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Ely is online now

i overstayed my 90 day summer us visa by 8 months sense i

Customer Question

i overstayed my 90 day summer us visa by 8 months
sense i have returned to ireland i have found out i have a child in the us
i have got dna tests done to be sure
i am wondering is there any visa i can apply for to get back to the us due to my situation
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello friend. My name is Ely, and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. The visa depends on what you wish to achieve here:

1) Do you wish to stay permanently or just temporarily?
2) Would the mother be willing to marry you?
3) Do you seek visitation with the child? Or managing custody? How old is the child?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.