How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 112001
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

can i get as a german citizen in the us azil politik

This answer was rated:

can i get as a german citizen in the us azil politik
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.

It is possible, but it will not be easy. Are you currently inside of the U.S.? How long have you been here? What is the basis of your persecution that you must escape Germany? And as a German citizen, wouldn't you be able to go to some other safe place in Europe?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am not in us now but i will be there after few days . my partner is romanian and is living there as azil politik so do i have any chance to stay there with him for vey long time and to get as his partner azil politik

When was he granted Political Asylum? And did you marry him before he was granted Political Asylum?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not long time ago and we are not married we have 3 children together

Unfortunately, I do not have good news for you. The answer is that no, you cannot get Political Asylum status through your partner because you had to have been married BEFORE your partner was granted Political Asylum. Here is an official link to prove it:

The family relationship had to exist before you came to the United States as a refugee or were granted asylum:

· If you want to file for your spouse, you had to be married before you entered as a refugee or were granted asylum. See the “Refugee & Asylee Spouses” link to the left for more information.

So you will not be able to get that status. The children can get the status, but not you. When your partner becomes a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, he can petition for you to come as a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident and that will take about a year or so. You cannot become illegal in the U.S. in order to get Residency through him if he is only a Resident. If you do become illegal before getting Residency, then you will have to wait until he becomes a U.S. Citizen 5 years after he gets Residency. I am truly sorry.

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. After you rate positively, a bonus is always appreciated, and I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Please do not log off without rating positively. It is VERY important for me to receive credit since I receive no salary. You are not charged again. If you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Please respond here. What help do you need?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i ask you other thinks so what if the family are together in the us but the mother and children are german citizen and the father is a romanian citizen. the father is asking for political asylum in the us and whats about the mother and the children who are german. are german aswell allowed to get asylum like the romanian father

Ok. Please stop posting new question on seperate threads. Respond here and only here. Be patient because I am attending other customers and I may have to research an answer and it takes time to type out the response.

1) Has the Romanian father been grated Political Asylum yet? Yes or no?

2) If no, then the father has just applied for it and has not been granted it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no yet, no he wants to ask for asylum while his family is there

Then yes, you can go there, marry and he can ask for Asylum and if he is granted, all of you would get Asylum status. But be careful upon entry. If they believe that your intention is to stay in the U.S., they will not allow you into the U.S. You cannot lie about anything if they ask you, but I would not volunteer any information. You should have some other real and valid reason for visiting the U.S. and proof of that reason. It should not be to marry and stay. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you positively (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. And don't forget that bonuses are always appreciated! Thank you.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if i mary him he has to have my name or do i take his name. because im not sure if i can get as a german asylum there. as far as i know he can get as a romanian asyulum in the us. and please aswell , can i apply as the mother with my 2 children in us for asylum without him

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can i apply as a german citizen mother with 2 german citizen children in us for asyulum political

It doesn't matter if you change names. You do not have to. They don't care about that. You would not be getting Asylum based on your nationality. You would be getting Asylum through him. You would find it very hard to apply for Asylum on your own. You would have to prove that you were being persecuted in Germany because of your race, religion, nationality, social group or political opinion. Thank you for the excellent rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put my name in the subject box. Good luck to you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if we marry in the US do i loose my german citizen or every thing is still the same, only thing is that we are married and we are huspand and wife oficially

Everything stays the same. It may only become a problem many years later IF you decide to become a U.S. Citizen. You do not have to. I have to go out now. If you have additional questions, I will get to them later. Sorry.